Tuesday, September 19, 2006

tHe "MAGIC" tREaT: REciPe

Turkey Parme Biscotti is mum's secret weapon against me, because there is nothing I wouldn't do for it!!!

The following are just a few of the things I'll do to score some TPB:

Mum asked: Do you want it?
I answered a definite: OF COURSE!!

Mum told me to: Roll-over
I questioned: WHY? ......but fine.....*roll* *roll*

Mum shot me with her hand: BANG!
I went: grrr.......ahhhh...........*silence*
I lifted my head: Where's my treat??
Mum shot me again: BANG!
I slammed my head back down: ok I'm dead, can I have the treat now?




I can even do a long "Sit-Stay", followed by a "COME"!!




Now this is the part that I don't understand. It seems like everytime when mum is about to give me something yummy, she always has to ask me "give it to crow-crow??" Does she actually think that there will be a day when the answer is YES???

"Crow-crow" is my word for crows. I learned what "crow-crow" meant a long time ago since they are always around, trying to steal my food!! So everytime I hear the words "crow-crow", I get really mad and I go and chase them off.

SO......

Mum asked: Should we give it to "crow-crow"?
I responded: Are you kidding me? HELL NO!! *runs off to the tree to find some crows*

Mum didn't get the point and asked again: Give it to "crow-crows"?
I yelled: ERRRRRR........NOOOOOOOO *runs off again to see if there are crows on the tree*




Is this a magic treat or what?? I thought some of you might be intersted in trying the TPB, so I have gotten mum's permission to share the recipe of her secret weapon with you!!

***Mum's recipe for Turkey Parme Biscotti

1 lb of minced turkey meat

1 cup of quick oats

2 large eggs

1 tbs of minced garlic (can add more if preferred)

125 g of Parmesan cheese

2 tbs of oil of your choice (mom uses Avocado oil just because that's what we have at home)

0.5 cup of water

In a blender, blend turkey and eggs until as smooth as possible. Pour into a large mixing bowl, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Spread batter on a cookie sheet (well greased with vegetable oil) or in a 9 X 12 pan about 1/3 inch in thickness. Bake at 350 F until no longer wet looking inside. Approximately 45 minutes for one pan (varies from oven to oven). Cut into small pieces after it's been cooled. Keep refrigerated or in the freezer.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sunshade! you can act really really well! the 'bang' trick was very convincing, you even had all the groans and wobbles added in! :) HM couldn't stop laughing when she saw that. she tried teaching me that before, but i got weirded out by the bangs, and now my play dead trick looks more like a half-hearted 'ok i surrender with both paws up' trick :p

love..
chiyo

Anonymous said...

i have to agree with chiyo about your "play dead" trick. i could never do that. mom has been trying to get me to "hand" for ages and i still not sure what she's talking about.

you should get your mom to record all the tricks you know and share with us! but please warn us in advance so that we don't let our mom sees it, otherwise we'll make to work harder to get treats!

this weekend project: must get mom to buy an oven to bake cookies!

licky wet wet licks

boo

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I can sit, shake, down and roll over. I do more tricks but I never told my you-mans cuz I don't want to do them.

Here's my recipe for secret weapon treats:
1 chocolate bar broken into pieces
give to Bussie

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Urban Smoothie Read said...

Pacco is so jealous that u had such a big open field for dashing...

T-man Angel said...

Sunshade,
My mom is SO impressed by your tricks and how well you follow your mom's suggestions. She was cracking up at the play dead trick. I do not perform any tricks myself. Acting isn't my forte. My mom is worried because I can't even "sit" or "stay" very well. She wants to sign me up for acting classes soon.
T-man

Unknown said...

Hey Sunshade!
You made Mama laugh so hard she almost pee peed her pants, woof woof!! You are so cute doing your tricks! Mama taught Snickers how to sit, lay, rollover, but Snickers doesn't really like the rollover part. We need to have her teach us the bang trick. That one is neat. Do you know the Monster Bird trick? Actually Mama doesn't even have to say it if we hear those pesky Kingfisher birds near the pond. I Butchy go berserk and bark and scare them away from Mama's koi fish. Thanks for the treat recipe, Mama said she'll make some of those for us, yum yum!!!
Luv & Wirey Hugs!
Butchy & Snickers

Isabella said...

Sunny girl! You are so smart and talented! I just know I will see you in the movies some day.

that recipe couldn't come at a better time- my Human got her new stove delievered today. I am printing this recipe out and putting it on the stove in hopes she bakes me some of these yummmy treats. I bet it would be good made with liverworst, too. Thanks for sharing.
Big Wags,
Isabella

Fu Fu said...

Hi Sunshade,
I dont like crows too. You should always chase them away in case they intercept your treats.

~ fufu

Dakota said...

Sunshade -
Thanks for letting us all in on that recipe! Bandit (he's the Lab that lives with me) has a couple of allergies, and anything The Mom can do to give him a treat or two is a cool thing.

jaffeboy said...

Those are some awsome tricks you have going on there!!! I'm most impress with the "bang" trick. I have to hide that clip from MaMa just in case she makes me practise.

Oh, & the recipe, fantastic. The only problem is; my MaMa doesn't bake!

& yes, my dew claw is gone. So, hi-four again to those cool tricks.

Chelsea said...

Mama makes me do all kinds of silly tricks too. I admit that I would probably do anything for a treat. I am picky though. Mama once baked all kinds of dog treats for me from scratch and I just turned my nose up at them.

fee said...

tag you back!!! it's new, with a twist! come and see!

loves,
fee
PS: asked mom about pang mei and she brought me in front of a mirror. maybe it means pretty girl? we're pretty girls!

Deb said...

Wow! I am impressed to say the least! Momma has never even attempted to teach me any tricks being that I'm a dachshund and all it would just be a waste of time. The "Bang you're dead" is the bestest trick ever! Momma copied the recipe down and is gonna make some of those for me this weekend. Thanks for sharing Sunny!

Your pal,
Roo

P.S. I wanted you to know that I've added you under my Friends Links if that's O.K.

Sam I Am said...

Sunshade~
That was AWESOME!!!You are ready for David Letterman and Jay Leno with dogs doing something unusual or surprising.woof-woof

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Anonymous said...

We don't have crow-crows here but we have birdies! I hate it when birdies try to steal my food and I love to chase them. Anyhow, gots to dash!

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).