Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our Bestest Friend

My BESTEST friend Maggie, began the next part of her journey yesterday,


Mum has been very sad for the last couple of days, so I found this passage for her. I guess it's something only us four legged children would understand.....

I stood by your bed last night;
I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying,
you found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly
as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you,
I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast,
I watched you pour the tea.
You were thinking of the many times,
your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today;
your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels,
I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today;
you tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you,
that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house,
as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you;
I smiled and said, "it's me."

You looked so very tired,
and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know,
that I was standing there.

It's possible for me,
to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty,
"I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled,
I think you knew...
in the stillness of that evening,
I was very close to you.

The day is over...
I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless,
I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you,
to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you,
and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you,
there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out...
then come home to be with me.

~ Anonymous


Our hearts are with you Auntie Sue, George, and Mitchy boy...

All our love (and Love nibbles),
Miss Sunshade, JAFFA, mum, D-Guy, Meatball, Sesame, Ketchup, Dumpling, Squeaky, Mean Juice

(mum: this is the first time Sunshade has ever used Jaffa's real name on her blog :-) )

Faith Hill - Wish For You

Powered by mp3skull.com

15 comments:

Dexter said...

Oh I am crying from that beautiful poem. It is always so sad to say goodbye to our friends.

Mango Momma

Molly the Airedale said...

Elaine - I totally broke down when Faith started to sing and then when I finally composed herself I read your poem and lost it again. God blessed us when we met each other on this blog 5.5 years ago. You and Sunshade and Jaffa will always be so very, very special to us. We owe you so much.

We love you forever and ever,
Sue, George, Mitch and angel Maggie

NelsonandBoober said...

Boober and I are very sorry to hear about your best friend Maggie.
Nelson

Jake of Florida said...

Elaine, Sunshade, Jaffaman, D-Guy,

We share the sadness and grief that dear Maggie has left us. But reading that beautiful poem through hot tears, we know she will always be with those who have loved her so!

Joan and the Barkalots

MTWaggin said...

I've not seen that passage but I will for sure be saving it. Our hearts go out to Maggie's family and friends as well.

Winston said...

Beautiful!

Shawn, Winston and the furrballs!

George The Lad said...

Our hearts are breaking that Maggie has left us, but we will get to be with her one day, when its our time for the bridge.
The poem is so beautiful.
Hugs, George, Tess and Jan xxx

Joey said...

That's a beautiful song you shared. Thanks :)
Joey and Jack

the many Bs said...

that's a sweet poem. we are so sad about Maggie, but we know she is in heaven. she is watching over her family now.

sad woofs

The Thuglets said...

An absolutely beautiful tribute. I couldn't post when I first read and listened to the music.
Maggie will be missed but always with us.

Extra Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi E and Miss Sunshade, we're very sad as well. It's hard to imagine that Maggie is gone. It never, ever gets easier in the end. I think that's the real reason why my dad got 4 of us. He figured that with so many of us around, we'd probably outlive him or that they would find a way to make us all live a long, long time.

Molly the Airedale said...

I'm back, Elaine. It's such a comfort to come here read your tribute and sit and cry. I miss my Maggie so much.
Thank you again and again for your gorgeous tribute to my best friend and thank you again and again for being my friend.
I love you, Elaine.

Sue

Molly the Airedale said...

Today has been a very tough day. I miss my precious valentine.

Molly the Airedale said...

The music is back and the tears are flowing again.
Elaine and Sunshade, live every single day as if it were your last. Life is so precious! I miss my Maggie every single day.
Love you both <3

Auntie Sue

Molly the Airedale said...