Wednesday, November 25, 2009

10th B-Day Pressies

Here are my pressies for turning 10!!


Now this is a funny pig stuffie I tell ya... HAHA!


It has a BOTTLE inside,


It can be refilled with other bottles so it continues to be annoying. Funny mum got me this, as I recall it was my b-day pressie to STINKY on his most recent birfday!

He got one too, a Mr. Buffalo,


Now look at THIS!!


A TREAT MACHINE!!!!



It is a machine I have to work MY SuperSELF to get treats out. More fooooooood for ME!

Mum filled the treat machine with Orijen 6 Fish kibble,


(mum: Sunshade has been on a raw, grain-free diet since she was 2. Jaffa was raised on raw since he was 8 weeks old. I do prefer raw over any other types of food for them, but Jaffa has become very picky that I have had to alternate between raw and the Orijen grain free kibble.)


The D-Guy said he was a Dog Whisperer, so he could teach me how to use my new treat machine,


This was his attempt,



BTW, I wasn't lazy! I'm never lazy when it comes to food. I was just a little..toooo fullllll from MY buffet and MY cake earlier!

Then the D-Guy felt I could do it myself, and he abandoned me....


So I practiced on my own, again and again, try after try,


(mum: she really worked so hard for a few minutes!)

Finally, I think I'm getting it!!!



Watch me in action!

(mum: This video was taken less than 10 minutes after the initial introduction to the treat machine. Sunshade got frustrated from time to time as you will see, but she did start to associate "paw hitting the machine" with "treats being dispensed". She has yet to figure out that pressing down the end of the lever is what releases the kibbles. So you see her in this video randomly hitting the treat machine with her paw, and looking down to see if treats came out (around 1:13 to 1:30 mark). I don't think it will take too long before the smart girl figures out the lever.)



(mum: This is a great tool for dogs that love to inhale their kibbles!! They would have to work for it.)

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, a treat machine! We simply MUST have one of these!
You're one smart girl to figure out the lever trick so quickly, Sunshade!
Does Jaffa get a turn?! haha
We have sure enjoyed sharing your special day with you, Sunshade! What a wonderful 10th birthday you had!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

Miss Sunshade,
You are most clever and I think you understand that machine perfectly well already but were just trying to add a little drama to your movies.

Slobbers,
Mango